THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I AM GOING TO STRANGLE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

I am currently at work. I have to key in data for about five different people a day. This data should be given to me in it's correct form with all of the information. The ONLY thing I should have to do is input the data. After that is done then it is then re-audited by another person. Now I say re-audited because the five people who give it to me is suppose to audit BEFORE I get it. THIS NEVER EVER EVER HAPPENS!!!!! Every time I key something I have to audit it at the same time because it is almost never correct.

What is really I mean really pissing me off is on of the main offenders is the person in the job for which I recently applied. I was told I was second choice but that she had more experience then me and was a better candidate. Now granted she has worked in a different department for 7 years and I have only been her for going on three years most of which has been in a temporary position, but this is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if they have more experience If I am doing all the work and not getting paid for it.

Another example of her laziness and ineptitude is that the person who had this job before her would do most as in 95% of there own keying as well as all the other work they do during the day. This lady does not any of her own keying also she has to send out invoices to different locations and once a month she has only been here for two months, and the last two times I have had to type up the labels and mail out the invoices because she conveniently had to take the day off when they needed to be mailed. When she is here she spends most of her time in Dory's (I will explain dory later) office they used to work together. I am tired of the abuse the job I am currently doing was done by three people. One left to work for a different company and the other moved upstate. So I am doing all the work on my own and the asshat doesn't do hardly anything, and the things she does do are WRONG.

Now not by any means do I think I am perfect, because I am not I make mistakes but when you have to tell someone over, over, and over about the same mistake I think that person is just being careless.

Dory I got her name from the movie Finding Nemo if you have seen it she reminds me of the fish that had Alzheimer's. Well the Dory is a trip and acts just like that fish it's crazy she is suppose to "re-audit" the work after I have keyed it. Guess what it is still wrong, because she doesn't have the slightest idea what she is doing either.

Now for the mistakes that I notice I will correct, but I don't go searching for them. I don't have time. I just have entirely to much work to do. I don't even have time to type this. I do feel a little better though and that was the reason for this post.

I know I have made several grammatical errors sorry hope you can understand my rant if not please let me know and I will help you out :-).

Question of the day: Is is wrong that I just noticed like A LOT of errors and said fuck it I ain't fixin' it and went on about my business like I didn't even notice it?


Breathing FIRE,

Carmel Beauty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I don't think its wrong. Your job is to enter, theirs is to audit. Let upper management get involved and they'll see. Good luck!

Miz JJ said...

Lol @ you entering in the data with no changes. I would too. It is not your job to check their errors.

Liz Dwyer said...

Sounds like she's trying to play office politics and make you look bad. What you should do is document the instances you catch mistakes and then the next time you check in with your boss, take the list and tell your boss you're concerned that if you didn't catch these mistakes, info would be off, the company could get sued. Hang in there and in the meantime, get your resume together to transfer somewhere else just in case. I just left a very stressful job and it's not worth the stress. Especially since you have a little one.

Carmel Beauty said...

I have been documenting the mistakes but if I make changes than I have to get approval first which takes time away from me doing my job. I am applying for a new job I would be making more money than she is currently but the work I am doing now would either stay the same or increase. So I plan to stay here no longer than 2 to 3 years get my feet wet take some classes and then transfer to another department.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Ok, you made me lugh reading this. Just breath my dear. It'll be all good everntually.

I do feel your pain though.